Tabung Masa Depan

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Personal Response / Book Review of "Mystery at The Ghost Island"



Samad is the young boy who is very brave to solve the mystery of the ‘Ghost  Island ’. For me, he has the ‘Courage’ that can be defined as the state or quality of mind or spirit that enables one to face danger, fear, or vicissitudes with self-possession, confidence, and resolution. All of these are about the themes also the characteristics of  the main character in this short story that I have read entitled ‘Mystery at The Ghost Island’ .






In my opinion, this story is good and interesting because the elements of the plot in this story is really adventurous, which the beginning shows how Samad was attracted and curious to explore the island. The middle of the story develops when Samad has been threatened by two men. The story becomes more exciting after Samad has decided to find out the truth of the ‘Ghost Island’ and succeed to solve the mystery. Besides, the style of writing is written in simple form and makes me feel easier to understand the whole story, thus making reading intriguing and enjoyable.


This story has a good quality of moral values especially for students. Futhermore, the setting is written in Malaysian environment and culture as to foster a better understanding of the races in this country. Conclusion, this story really inspires me to believe in myself to get what I want and open my mind to a new perspective that the truth will never end.




katakan like jika best ya!

No comments: